West Allis AC Repair
Emergency AC Repair in West Allis & Milwaukee Area
When your air conditioning unit breaks down in the dog days of summer, it’s an immediate (and uncomfortable) issue. At Cool Breeze or Fire Heating and Cooling, our licensed HVAC professionals will fix those inevitable air conditioning problems quickly, so you don’t have to worry about having hot, sleepless nights. Our 100% satisfaction guarantee means that you don’t need to worry about persisting issues after calling us for air conditioning repairs. It’s a simple but powerful promise: our job isn’t done until you are satisfied!
What’s Wrong with My Air Conditioner?
Air conditioners are complex systems made up of many moving parts. With most units, part of the appliance is located outdoors, possibly exposing it to severe weather and debris.
If you notice any of the following signs, it may be time to bring in our expert West Allis AC repair team to take a look at your system:
- Frequent system cycling - If your AC is too big for your house you might experience this short cycling that makes it seem like your AC is turning on and off repeatedly. This could also be an indication that you've got issues with your compressor so give our West Allis AC repair techs a call.
- Inconsistent temperatures throughout the home - First make sure that there isn't any furniture that's been moved and has blocked your air vents. If that's not the case you might want to have a professional in to check your air ducts.
- The unit struggles to achieve the desired temperature - First, check that your air filter isn't too dirty to obstruct the necessary airflow your AC needs to properly cool. If that's not the culprit, it's possible that your evaporator coil needs a good cleaning.
- Condensation or leaking around the unit - If your air filter is dirty, your coolant might run unchecked and freeze your AC. You could also have leaks in your condensate line or your drain pan so call in our AC repair pros pronto.
- Strange sounds or smells - By now you should be able to know what kinds of sounds and smells your HVAC should and shouldn't make. Use your best judgement and if anything is audible from the next room over, call in a professional ASAP.
When it comes to repairs, we commonly fix:
- Refrigerant leaks
- Broken thermostats
- Drainage issues
- Compressor problems
- Condenser coils
- Arced or pitted contactors
- Breaker or fuse issues
- Burned out capacitors
Our highly-trained technicians know how to spot these problems quickly and provide effective solutions. After taking on so many jobs throughout our community, we have seen virtually everything. We are available whenever you need us with 24-hour emergency service!
AC Repair or Replacement
When your AC is broken down you basically have two options. You can either repair or replace your unit, while repair works in a lot of instances, you should replace your unit in any of the following 5 circumstances.
1. Your unit is over 10 years old - On average AC units last from 10-12 years so if it's older than that you shouldn't consider putting more money into AC repair.
2. Your AC required R22 Freon - Because of the 2020 Freon Ban these units will only get more expensive to run so don't repair them, simply replace them
3. Short-cycling - If your AC is turning on and off really fast then it could be too big for your residence. No AC repair is going to make your unit smaller so replacement is the right call here.
4. An expensive repair - Usually if a repair is half the cost of AC replacement then you shouldn't put that much money into fixing a unit that's going to need to be replaced soon anyway.
5. One repair after another - There comes a time when another repair visit is going to be more expensive in the long run then replacing the unit outright.
Trust Us for Your AC Repair in West Allis & Surrounding Areas
At Cool Breeze or Fire Heating and Cooling, we handle HVAC services large and small. Our professionally certified, trained, and experienced technicians can work with you to find a budget-friendly solution tailored to your unique needs. We also offer an exclusive 10-year parts warranty and 15-year labor warranty to provide you with the peace of mind you deserve. Whether you have an emergency you need to address immediately or a less pressing repair need, we will always be here for you! Our team even provides complimentary in-person estimates.
Contact our West Allis AC repair experts today to schedule your free estimate!
Highly Recommend- Carol B.
Quality Job- Nick E.